Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Morningside House



"Patti, would you like to buy my house?"


The morning we were moving from our house in the suburbs, the owner of this house called me and asked if I'd like to buy it.

What could we say? It was a great house in a wonderful intown neighborhood.

                              

Of course we wanted to buy it.


This picture of the living room is a little blurry, but you get the idea;
The big windows with transoms,  the high ceilings, plaster walls, granite fireplace, hardwood floors were in great shape.



This foyer has a barrel ceiling- incredible!




Be still my heart!


Okay, so the window airconditioner isn't all that great but
I'm sure this wallpaper was all the rage in the 1970s.




Steve absolutely loves the doors and the door knobs.



Mature plantings are already there. 
 Tea Olives, small Magnolias, hydrangeas, gardenias, and roses are all over the place.
I can't wait to see what comes up in the spring.



Of course it comes with car parts and a dilapidated garage.


We were smitten!


Friends and Family, please join me as we renovate and learn to live "InTown."


Patti