Sunday, May 16, 2010

Glenridge Hall


The last home on the Garden Tour that I'll post about is Glenridge Hall.
This 45 acre estate is in Sandy Springs.
The website is http://www.glenridgehall.com/.  Take a look it's wonderful.  I never knew it was there.

The estate is so big I have to focus this post on small details.

There's a "dog" theme that runs through the grounds.  The owner's dogs also run through the grounds even during the garden tour.  They got plenty of loving attention from the "tour-ists."



Chinese "Foo Dogs" guard one of the many entrances to the home.




Leaded glass doors and windows are used exclusively.
I was admiring the doors in the side veranda, paying no attention to the two men sitting in the wicker when one commented that the leading is cast with a vine design.  It's incredible.
That man was the owner/occupant.
This picture doesn't capture the detail.


Steve and I were looking for ideas for a terrace.  Boy did we get plenty!
Here's a small side terrace.  Small for this estate that is.  It would be just about right for me.



Notice the leaded glass doors and windows.
I loved this wrought iron set.


The last feature I'll leave you is the porch.
This ceiling is the very best!
I think this could be copied.



Do go to the website and read about the history of this Atlanta Mansion.

Patti