Thursday, July 14, 2011

Girl's Dinner Party

Old Friends are real treasures.
Once in a while a group of my Old Friends get together for dinner.


I had the pleasure of hosting the Girl's Dinner Party last night.


We drank wine, grilled steaks, ate salad and potatoes a'gratin and yacked till almost midnight.
We finished with ice cream cake and coffee.


I set the table with my late mother-in-law's china that came from Japan during the early 1950s and her silver goblets which were a wedding gift. I also used my late aunt's wine glasses, a new/old linen table cloth and linen napkins I picked up at a estate sale this summer, and my stainless (I don't have silver service for 6, just for 4 but I'm working on it).  Almost all of it is very dear like Old Friends.


Life is Good.
Patti

Partying with:

French Country Cottage- Feathered Nest Friday
My Romantic Home-Show and Tell Friday
Stuff and Nonsense-Fridays Unfolded
Common Ground-Vintage Inspiration Friday
addicted 2 decorating- Addicts (not so) Anonymous Link Party
WhisperWood Cottage-Authentic Style