Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wabi-Sabi and House of Fifty's second edition

This morning I found 2 things that appeal to me.







1. House of Fifty online magazine's second edition. The editor is turning 50 -- that in itself is affirming. She's young and hip and not about to succumb to old and frumpy. My new role model. The magazine features a collection of blog articles from some of the best around. It's the kind of thing I'd read on my iPad, if I had one, while sitting in the swing on my screened porch, if I had one. I don't. So, I'll just cozy up to my little notebook computer on the couch and be perfectly happy--Which brings me to #2.





2. Wabi-Sabi from this House of Fifty blog--click here. In relation to houses and homes the author says:
... wabi-sabi is sometimes described as beauty that is imperfect, impermanent and incomplete. It nurtures all that is authentic by acknowledging three simple realities: nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect. 
 This really really speaks to me. Those of you who live in a renovation project like I do will understand.
Shoot, maybe you'll get it even if you don't live in a renovation project.


Thanks for stopping by, and do have a look at the magazine--I think you'll like it.
Patti